Scotch whisky lovers alert! Ballantine’s, one of the world’s renowned Scotch whisky, recently launched their first ever 15 years old single malt series. For those who have been following my articles here on my portal/blog and my Instagram, you would have seen my whisky drinking adventures with Nikka, Balvenie and Ballantine’s, as well as my family secret collection of whisky over the past few decades.
A recent news release by Media Outreach got my attention, Ballantine’s launched their first ever 15 years old single malt series in Taipei, Taiwan. From the press release, I also learned that Taiwan is the 4th largest whisky market by value and the most vibrant Single Malt market in the world. With this factor, Taiwan is the first country to officially launch the Ballantine’s Single Malt Series.
I am going to share more information provided by them on their first ever 15 years old single malt series Scotch whisky. I hope to have the opportunity to taste them here in Singapore and I would love to visit whisky distilleries in Scotland when the opportunity arises.
Let me share the key information and details of Ballantine’s first ever 15 years old single malt series:
For the first time in its 190-year history, Ballantine’s has unveiled three outstanding 15 years old Single Malts, each unique in flavour and from three of its signature distilleries: Glenburgie, Miltonduff and Glentauchers.
This innovative move sees Ballantine’s look to meet the growing demand for Single Malts and allow a new generation of discerning drinkers to discover the unique flavours of three of the signature malts from the heart of Ballantine’s.
Fusing the traditional and the modern, each Single Malt celebrates nearly two centuries of heritage and tradition in the beautiful and historic Speyside region of Scotland — whilst showcasing founder George Ballantine’s need to do things differently. The packaging itself is an outward expression of this fusion, taking inspiration from Scotland, the home of the brand and showcasing the natural stone of each of its distilleries.
Sandy Hyslop, the fifth Master Blender for Ballantine’s, worked with his talented team to craft the first ever Single Malt Series, he comments: “This is a truly exciting time for Ballantine’s. Since 1827, Ballantine’s has been creating award-winning whiskies, and the Single Malt series is a bold expression of both Ballantine’s heritage and sense of innovation within the world of whisky.
“Each of these 15 years old Single Malts has been made with the same craft, care and authenticity that goes into every bottle of Ballantine’s, whilst pushing the boundaries of what is currently on the market today. I am certain that whisky drinkers, connoisseurs and collectors alike will enjoy these new whiskies.”
The Glenburgie Single Malt
- Nose: Perfectly balanced with aromas of sweet soft red apples and blackcurrant. Allied with this is wonderful honeycomb candy sweetness.
- Taste: Full and creamy with a velvety smooth texture (honey). This whisky is bursting with fruity sweet orange flavours.
- Finish: Very long, sweet and round.
The Miltonduff Single Malt
- Nose: Rich fruity and sweet. Flavours of peaches in syrup, juicy sweet orange and creamy soft toffee with a hint of toasted almonds.
- Taste: Sweet scented floral flavours. Extremely smooth with milk chocolate flavours and hints of cinnamon spice, cloves and liquorice root in the background.
- Finish: Very long, warm and sweet.
The Glentauchers Single Malt
- Nose: Bursting with sweet citrus fruit flavours (tangerine and sweet clementine) with hazelnut notes and a hint of delicate floral heather coming through the background.
- Taste: Coats the mouth with smooth, soft berry flavours of raspberry and blackcurrant, combined with a tantalising taster of barley sugar sweets.
- Finish: Incredibly long and luscious.
* Information and pictures courtesy of Ballantine’s and Media Outreach *